IWK

Hyderabad blasts reaction to Kasab, Afzal hanging?

Written by IWK Bureau | Feb 27, 2013 4:41:27 PM

Terming the Hyderabad twin blasts a reaction to executions of terror convicts Ajmal Kasab and Afzal Guru, union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde stressed the need for the anti-terror hub and said he will talk to various chief ministers who were opposed to it.
“We have been giving terror alerts throughout the country. We were expecting, when there have been two executions in the country, some reactions were bound to happen,” Shinde told media persons.
He exuded confidence that the forensic tests done in the aftermath of the blasts will yield results and the culprits would be arrested soon.The twin bomb blasts in crowded Dilsukhnagar area of the Andhra Pradesh capital Thursday evening claimed 16 lives and left 117 wounded.
Ajmal Kasab, the lone survivor of the ten Pakistani terrorists who attacked Mumbai 26/11, was hanged November 21 last year. Afzal Guru was executed February 9 for his role in the attack on Parliament House Dec 13, 2001.
Stressing the need for the formation of the proposed National Counter Terrorism Centre (NCTC), Shinde said he was hopeful of getting the cooperation of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, who is among several chief ministers to oppose the move.
“We will pursue NCTC and I will talk to those who have expressed reservation over it. I have already taken up the matter with Mamataji. She is very cooperative on this issue,” said Shinde. The proposal to set up NCTC was put on hold after some states protested against its implementation, saying it would encroach on their rights.
The state Congress Sunday gave Shinde a memorandum on the “deteriorating” law and order situation in the state. On the other hand, the Delhi Police launched an intensive search for Raju Bhai, an alleged Indian Mujahideen operative linked to the Hyderabad blasts. “We have launched a search to trace Raju Bhai, who can provide vital leads in the Hyderabad blasts case,” a senior official of Delhi Police’s Special Cell said.
Raju Bhai, in his early 30s, has been on the radar of the special cell since his name figured in the August 2012 Pune serial blasts probe.According to police sources, Raju is six feet tall and apparently has good command over Marathi language. He was allegedly asked by his handlers to arrange hideouts for the suspected terrorists arrested for 2012 Pune blast.
Police are also looking for five more IM operatives who may have a role in the Hyderabad and Pune blasts. In Thursday’s Hyderabad twin blasts, security agencies suspect the involvement of the same Indian Mujhideen module involved in the Pune blasts and directed by Yasin Bhatkal, who is one of the co-founders of the IM.
The sketch of Raju Bhai was released by Delhi Police in October last year after interrogation of suspects Imran Khan and Asad who were arrested for planting bombs in Pune.Police said they have intensified the searches for Raju Bhai in the capital and its neighboring parts.
Besides, the officers of Special Cell here questioned Pune blast accused Syed Maqbool lodged in Tihar Jail Saturday.